This policy explains how the data you provide via this online form is processed.
All data you supply via this petition form is being processed under the responsibility of 89up Ltd on behalf of Cannabis is Safer than Alcohol (hereafter CISTA), a political party registered at:
Runway East, Floor 9
207 Old Street,
89up Ltd (hereafter 89up) will act as the data controller for the reasons stated below. No other third party beyond Cannabis is Safer than Alcohol, or its representatives will access this data, unless you agree to email your MP, in which case your elected representative will be passed on data which they can use to contact you.
89up is a company limited by share and registered in England and Wales with Company Number 06886828 ("us"). You may contact us at the following address:
Free Word Centre, 60 Farringdon Road, London, EC1R 3GA
89up is responsible for the website and the website forms ('the Website form') and acts as the data controller for all information provided by you initially through this website.
The website uses tools to establish contact between you and CISTA and potentially a Member of Parliament ('MP') of your choice. Data you submit will be passed on to CISTA to use as part of their political and advocacy activity and / or your Member of Parliament in order for them to be able to identify you as a constituent and to reply to your email.
1. Petition and Email tool. The petition and email tool allows you to sign our petition and to send emails to MPs of your choice. The information you provide via this email tool, such as your name, email address and possible other information will be used to send the email to your MP of choice or to interact with CISTA. You are requested to provide your post code and hometown to: identify yourself on the petition; to locate your MP by matching your postcode to your constituency; and so that MPs can establish that you belong to their constituency if you email them. When you agree to be contacted by 89up, the organisation will keep you informed on other campaigns or issues run by them.
2. Cookies. The email tool uses a session cookie to store your personal data when filling out multiple forms. Depending on your privacy settings, such cookies will be accepted by your browser. The session cookie will not transfer information to third parties.
3. Analytics. 89up may run analytics to understand more about the visitors to their website.
4. Data storage. 89up will hold the data you provide to us through the website in our secure databases for an unlimited period, unless you request otherwise in line with (6) below.
5. Data sharing. 89up shall never voluntarily share your information with a third party for their own use, except as indicated under (2) above.
6. Access to your data. Under the Data Protection Act, you may at any time request a copy of the information we hold on you (for which we may charge a small fee to offset our administration costs) by writing or e-mailing either 89up at the above stated addresses. Any requests for deletion or correction of your personal data can also be obtained via these addresses.